Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sacred Sundays




This is my mama's bible.  I think for my first "Sacred Sundays" post it is appropriate to mention that. My mama taught me that Sundays were sacred.  She was the first person to teach me about Jesus.  She taught me that every single answer to anything I might face in life was found in this book.  Through the years it has been my life line.  The most important man in my life, the one that holds my heart, that I fell in love with...he can be found in this book. He rescued me.  In so many, many ways.  He is saving me every day.  From myself, from the enemy and from eternal seperation from him. His love is so unfathomable. 

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
 
Love like his is so different from what we find in the world...."while we were still sinners"
 
I don't know about you but I have some pretty unmemorable moments in my life.  Unmemorable in that when I allow my mind to go there, it can't.  I don't want to remember.  I don't want to relive the shame that accompanies that moment in time.  I don't want to remember my outright rebellion.  My prideful nod at a holy God that "I will do as I please for now...."  I can't stand to see myself in those moments....and I'm sure if you could, you would judge me, find me less than lovable, even boast that you were never that bad.  That's ok.  I have a place I can go to find love.  REAL love.  The kind that looked down from a rugged tree and in his greatest moment of agony whispered three sacred words that set me free forever........"Father forgive them"  He knew my unmemorable moments and yet he loved me.  Not in my white washed robe but rather dressed fully in my filthiest sin stained garment. He looked beyond my sin, beyond my fault.  He saw me, he loved me at my worst and saw me at my best.  He was and is EL ROI-the God who sees me.  Standing before his throne changes me.  I can stand exposed and know that what I will experience is a love that I will never understand but with great humility and a grateful heart I will fully embrace.
 
 
May I take this opportunity to recommend a great work of fiction by Francine Rivers entitled:
 
Redeeming Love
 
 
It's one of my all time favorite reads and I know for certain you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment