Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

With Thanksgiving


With Thanksgiving less than two days away it's time to stop and reflect.  What am I thankful for?  What do I possess that is so noteworthy?  My family?  My home?  My job?  My health?  Of course all of these things are certainly worth mentioning and I feel as though I live a blessed life.  The Lord has been so good to me.  But what is the ONE thing that I am most thankful for........................................

HOPE

and for me that is synonymous with

JESUS

Because if my family is falling apart, or I lose my home, or my job and my health fails. 

There's hope in Jesus

Whatever life throws our way, if we have Jesus..he is sufficient.

I'm so very thankful for parents that taught me that truth many years ago.

I'm thankful for the people in my life who live it out.


"But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence.
Jeremiah 17:7

Jesus is the Sovereign authority of the universe and as long as my hope is in him in life and even in death;  I am eternal.

When he stops, the earth shakes. When he looks, the nations tremble. He shatters the everlasting mountains and levels the eternal hills. He is the Eternal One!
Habakkuk 3:6



2 comments:

  1. Mary Anne,
    This is a beautiful post, hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving with your family. I will feature your $5 Christmas tree at my Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party on Monday. Please feel free to grab my starfish featured button for your blog.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so honored to be featured on your blog! I love Coastal Charm. It's such a privelege to have the opportunity to link up to your parties and see all the creativity and great writers out there in the blog world. Have a great week and thanks in advance for the traffic that will come from your feature! I so appreciate it.

      Delete